Hire Terms & Conditions
- The “Owner” of Forever in a Name
- The “Hirer” refers to the person, firm or corporation hiring equipment from the owner
- The “Equipment” means all hire equipment and accessories supplied to the hirer
- “Terms” means these terms and conditions of hire
CONDITIONS OF HIRE EQUIPMENT
- The hiring of the equipment will commence on the date specified on the hirer’s invoice and continue for the term specified (max 7 days hire).
- The hirer is entitled to use the equipment for the hire period and any amendments to the hire period must be agreed to by the owner the hirer will not remove the hire equipment or any part thereof from the situation and position of its installation without consent from the owner.
- The hirer acknowledges that he/she has received adequate instruction on the correct use of the equipment, which includes demonstration or verbal or written instructions.
- The hirer agrees not to use the equipment at locations or purposes different to the equipment’s general designated purpose and specified suitability (such as indoor versus outdoor use).
- The hirer acknowledges responsibility for the equipment and is liable for any damages, breakages and loss of equipment.
- All equipment hire requests must be completed on the wish list booking form and sent to the owner for confirmation that the equipment will be available for the requested hire period.
- The equipment will only be secured for hire once the invoice is fully paid. Failure to pay the invoiced amount by the agreed date will result in the hire equipment being returned for hire for other parties.
- The Hirer agrees to pay the owner’s hire charges and any other charges, including charges for loss, damage and repairs by the owner. If not otherwise specified by the owner in writing all hiring charges including taxes and duties are to be paid prior to collection of the equipment, including the bond as detailed in the invoice.
PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Amount agreed upon includes the total hire amount, delivery & pick up fee (if applicable) plus the refundable bond. Any changes to this may incur additional fee’s
- The delivery & pick up fee is determined on the scale of the event, & event location. Equipment may be collected from Forever in a Name, Reynella East, SA. Delivery may be available at an additional cost and can be negotiated upon request.
- All hire equipment will be documented on the invoice + the refundable bond amount along with the terms and conditions for the hirer.
- The bond amount will be refunded to the hirer on the successful and safe return of the equipment. Any damages, losses, breakage will reduce the Bond refund. All reductions to the bond amount will be documented to the hirer for clarification.
DAMAGES, BREAKAGES, LOSS & CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
- The hirer accepts full responsibility is liable for the condition of all hire equipment during the hire period or until returned to the owner.
- The hirer will advise the owner of any damage, breakages or loss of equipment at the time of the return of the equipment.
- Repairs of damaged hire equipment will “not” be undertaken without the written authority of the owner.
- The hirer will be charged an appropriate fee for the damage, loss or breakage of the equipment. This will be based on the current retail value of the specific equipment that has been damaged or lost.
- The hirer’s bond will be reduced by the amount determined by the owner to be the cost of the breakage, damage or loss. If the amount exceeds the bond the hirer agrees to reimburse the owner the agree amount exceeding the bond.
In the case that the hire equipment is damaged, the hirer may have the opportunity to purchase the damaged equipment.
- The hirer can add additional equipment to the booking by completing an additional booking wish list and sending to the owner to determine if this equipment is available for hire.
- A new Invoice will be sent detailing all monies owing on this new hire item
- The owner will request full payment of the additional equipment item within 14 days of the hirer receiving the invoice.
- Failure to pay this invoice by the agreed due date will result in all equipment booked by the hirer to be returned for hire to other parties and any monies paid to be forfeited by the Hirer.
LATE FEE’S FOR HIRE ITEMS
A late fee will be charged for all equipment that is not returned as per the standard hire (unless agreed by the owner prior to the return of the equipment). The hirer will incur a $50 late fee for everyday.
CANCELLATION OF HIRE
- If the hirer wishes to cancel the booking of the hire items, this must be advised in writing.
Cancellations made after written confirmation and payment received will be subject to the following:
- 30 + days prior to your event- Full refund
- 29-15 days prior to your event you lose 10% of your hire amount (not Bond)
- 14-2 days prior to your event you lose 20% of your hire amount (not Bond)
- 48 hours prior to your event you lose 50% of your hire amount (not Bond)
- 24 hours prior or day of event hire: NO REFUND of hire value only Bond refunded
COVID CANCELLATION - We will offer the client a lifetime credit so that they can use the money towards any event in the future. NO REFUND
The Owner may terminate the hire at any time. The Hirer shall have no claims for such termination. The hirer may terminate the hire of the equipment providing written notification that the equipment hire is no longer required.
The hirer will assume the risk of and indemnity and hold the owner harmless from and against any and all property damage and personal injury resulting from the use of the equipment. The hirer hereby releases the owner from, and agrees to indemnify the owner in respect of any third party claims, actions, demands, costs and expenses for damage or injury to person or property arising directly or indirectly out of the hire or use of the equipment by the hirer or these terms.